Since all other equipment or structures meant for leisure activities are highly maintained to keep them in their top condition, taking care of a swimming pool is just as tedious. We don’t want to compromise its water quality only because it’s one tough job. So here are some guidelines for getting the best chemistry and maintenance of your swimming pool made easy.
A pool clean-up starter pack cannot do without pool chemical supplies. Buying the necessary chemicals to be thrown to the pool need not be expensive. There are cheap pool chemicals you can buy but with good review from customers. Out of all the water agents needed, the following are some of the chemicals which are essential to keep your pool water sanitary.
- Chlorine. We are all probably aware of this water agent being present in the pool. Yes, chlorine is the top most substance needed for water sanitation. It is designed to kill bacteria, microorganisms and all other types of water contaminants.
- Bromine. Chlorine alone cannot kill stubborn organisms such as water algae. Bromine is like an acting agent to chlorine. One cup of bromine together with one gallon of chlorine into the pool is a way to treat those slimy algae. It is best if you pour the substance right where it is growing.
- Pool shock. There are days when the weather is not always very friendly that your swimming pool is exposed to dirt, debris and other unwanted organics. When this happens, the chlorine added into the water may no longer be just as strong that it has the tendency to combine with bacteria. So this is when your pool needs to be ‘shocked’. Once or twice a week of pool shock into the water can help sanitize the water quite drastically.
- Algaecide. This is another type of water agent that is concentrated to killing resistant algae. There are black algae that could grow around the pool floor and walls that are not as easy to fight compared to green algae. So with the help of algaecide, you can vacuum those culprits in no time.
As much as you wanted all those water bacteria in your swimming pool dead, you might want to make sure that the water is still as swimmable as it has to be. Getting a skin or eye irritation can happen anytime if you are not careful with the chemicals used for sanitation. So to be extra careful, a swimming pool chemical test kit is definitely needed.
A chemical test kit is used to test and balance the water pH and or density of each of the chemicals poured into the water. Just dip it into the water and the change of color to each of the chemicals can tell whether the acidity of the chemicals added is either too low or too high.
The same goes for the pool chemical calculator. It helps calculate the density of the chemicals. Just like in any other types of measurement, the formula must be accurate in order to achieve just the right amount of chemical dosage to achieve crystal clear and safe pool water.
Keeping the pool water or the swimming pool at its best state will not be complete without manual cleaning. You have to skim, brush and sweep. To make this happen, you start with the essentials.
- Pool brush. Nylon brush is the kind of brush that doesn’t scratch your pool. Brush the pool area while the water is out and use it with a pole for an easy run.
- Pool vacuum. Using a ground pool vacuum on the walls and floors can also keep growing algae away. It is best to vacuum right before you tune the water with the pool chemicals for clean and clear water. It is also not a problem whether you use a manual vacuum or an automatic one as long as you do it as often as you can.
- Skimmer net. Among the manual works mentioned, the use of the skimmer net to clean the pool is the easiest and probably the most enjoyable. Getting the floating leaves, plastics and what-not out of the water is one easy task when you have just the right length of a skimmer net that can reach the other side of the pool.
Everything can be said and done when it comes to pool maintenance but caution and safety when using any of the pool equipment is still the best priority for you or for anyone in the family. When in the water, never forget to wear safety goggles and rubber gloves. While above the water make sure to watch your steps when you go about your cleaning. Reading the labels and instructions thoroughly of each product especially the chemicals before using will definitely not hurt.
To ensure that your pool is at its best, hire professional pool cleaners. These experts are equipped with the right tools, knowledge and skills to properly clean and maintain your pool.